Erik Dyce has spent nearly 25 years laying the groundwork and building the momentum that has helped earned the City of Denver its reputation as a cultural mecca. Known to many as “Mr. Red Rocks”, Erik retired as the Chief Marketing Officer of the City and County of Denver’s Arts and Venues division, which owns and operates eight other venues in addition to Red Rocks Amphitheater. He oversaw marketing and sponsorships for the venues’ 1,300 events, which drew in excess of four million people annually. Erik’s innovative approach to marketing opportunities has helped Denver’s venues, and multiple others across the country create revenue streams worth millions of dollars simply by uncovering hidden assets.
Mr. Dyce is now creating an exciting and new experience at Pelican Bay in Cherry Creek State Park. This Marina, Event Center and Rental facility boasts partnerships with REI and Tommy’s, Community Sailing of Colorado, Mile High Rowing Club, Avid 4 Adventure, Denver Sailing Association, Victoria Sailing School and Rocky Mountain Rowing Club.
“Erik is the master of putting together pieces that already exist in a venue or community and creating an experiential attraction that draws in both tourists and the local community.” John Hickenlooper
- President & CEO of Vencore Marine Group, LLC – Operator of Pelican Bay at Cherry Creek State Park
- Chief Marketing Officer – Denver Arts & Venues – Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Boettcher Concert Hall, Colorado Convention Center, Belco Theater, Buell Theater
- Facilities Manager for Red Rocks Amphitheatre and McNichols Sports Arena (former home of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche).
- President of Vencore, LLC, consulting with venue and entertainment industries.
- CEO of a start-up online marketing portal, inDemand Band for the music industry.
- Owner/Pilot for air tour event company – American Aerial Adventures.
- Adjunct professor at University of Colorado and Johnson & Wales University.
- Past Chairman of the Board of Colorado Outward Bound School.
- Past President of the Denver Gyro Club.
- Manager of the State of Colorado Emergency Operations Center Communications Support Group.
- Board Member of the Colorado Music Hall of Fame.
- Past Board Member of the Phoenix Project.
- Vice Commodore of the Dillon Yacht Club.
- Founding Commodore of the Colorado Sail & Yacht Club
- Member of the Colorado Tourism Office’s promotions committee.
Notable Marketing Firsts
Erik’s out-of-the-box thinking has led to many notable marketing firsts including:
- Creation of the Denver Theatre District.
- Production of the nationally distributed “Carved In Stone” CD series.
- The DVD “Live & On The Rocks” and two television specials on Red Rocks.
- Producer of two coffee-table books books on Red Rocks, “The Rocks Are Red” and “Showtime” on the Denver Performing Arts Complex and the Denver Theater District.
- Created and produced the wildly popular summer film series, “Film On The Rocks.”
As a Certified Facility Executive, Erik has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal as “One of Denver’s Top 10 People To Watch In the Tourism Industry” and the Rocky Mountain News’ Movers & Shakers noted him as one of the “Top People To Watch.”