“Erik is the master of putting together pieces that already exist in a venue or community and creating an experiential attraction that draws in both tourists and the local community.” John Hickenlooper
- Facilities manager for Red Rocks Amphitheatre and McNichols Sports Arena (home of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche).
- President of Vencore, LLC, consulting with venue and entertainment industries.
- CEO of a start-up online marketing portal, inDemand Band for the music industry.
- Owner/Pilot for air tour event company.
- Adjunct professor at University of Colorado and Johnson & Wales University.
- Past Chairman of Colorado Outward Bound School.
- Past Chair of the Denver Gyro Club.
- Manager of the State of Colorado Emergency Operations Center Communications Support Group.
- Board Member of the Colorado Music Hall of Fame.
- Past Board Member of the Phoenix Project.
- Vice Commodore of the Dillon Yacht Club.
- Member of the Colorado Tourism Office’s promotions committee.
Notable Marketing Firsts
Erik’s out-of-the-box thinking has led to many notable marketing firsts including:
- Creation of the Denver Theatre District;
- Production of the nationally distributed “Carved In Stone” CD series.
- The DVD “Live & On The Rocks” and two television specials on Red Rocks.
- Publication of souvenir books on Red Rocks, SHOWTIME and on the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
- Wildly popular summer film series, “Film On The Rocks.”
As a Certified Facility Executive, Erik has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal as “One of Denver’s Top 10 People To Watch In the Tourism Industry” and the Rocky Mountain News’ Movers & Shakers noted him as one of the “Top People To Watch.”